Type: Postgraduate course / Compulsory
Direction: Agricultural Economics and Food Business
Moderator: E. Raptou
Instructors: E. Raptou
Tel. office: 25520 41184
Cooperation with students: upon request (via email)
Understanding marketing strategy and marketing process – Attracting customers – Customer retention. Analysis of the marketing environment – Trends in the macroenvironment and the microenvironment. Marketing information system – Customer value and satisfaction. Identifying market segments – Selection of target markets. Brand decisions – Product positioning and establishing a strong brand name. Pricing strategy. New product development – Managing the development process. Consumer buying behavior. Advertising, sales promotion and public relations. Personal selling. Direct marketing – E-commerce. Marketing ethics.
Indicative teaching material:
Armstrong G, Kotler P. Marketing. 2009, Epikentro Publications, pp. 898.
Chernev A. Strategic Marketing Management. 2012, Cerebellum Press, 7th edition, pp. 254.
Kotler P, Keller K. Marketing Management. 2011, Prentice Hall, 14th Edition, pp. 816.
Additional case studies are provided to the students during the lectures.
After completion of the course students should be able to:
- Understand the marketing process and the buying behavior model
• Make choices among various marketing tools in order to adapt different marketing designs to different market environments
• Comprehend the factors affecting customer satisfaction, customer value and the buying process
• Design innovative and effective sales promotion programs
- Be aware of the opportunities emerging in the national and global market
· Written exam at end of semester
· Submit written work during the semester and an oral presentation.
Final score: It arises from the sum of the following (maximum score: 100 points):
1. Course examination (end of semester): 50 points
2. Assignments and presentations: 50 points
Lecture Program of the course “Marketing”
|1st Section: Marketing strategy – Consumer Behavior|
|1st||Creating customer value and building customer relationships. Case study||E. Raptou|
|2nd||Marketing strategy||E. Raptou|
|3rd||Analysis of the micro- and macro- environment in business strategy||E. Raptou|
|4th||Consumer and buying behavior (purchasing model analysis) – Case study presentation and analysis||E. Raptou|
|2nd Section: Consumer-oriented marketing strategy|
|5th||Marketing segmentation and positioning||E. Raptou|
|6th||Brand name strategy and development – Case study presentation and analysis||E. Raptou|
|7th||New product development – Case study presentation and analysis||E. Raptou|
|8th||Pricing and price strategy||E. Raptou|
|9th||Marketing communication – Advertising design and strategy, types of advertising||E. Raptou|
|10th||Personal sales design and strategy – Case study presentation and analysis||E. Raptou|
|11th||Direct marketing – eCommerce||E. Raptou|
|Marketing ethics and social responsibility
Case study – analysis
|Presentations of students’assignments