|SCHOOL||AGRICULTURAL AND FORESTRY SCIENCES|
|LEVEL OF STUDIES||7|
|COURSE TITLE||GENERAL BIOCHEMISTRY|
|INDEPENDENT TEACHING ACTIVITIES
|TEACHING HOURS PER WEEK||ECTS|
|Lectures and laboratory course||5||5|
|COURSE TYPE||Special Background|
|LANGUAGE (TEACHING AND EXAMS)||Greek|
|THE COURSE IS OFFERED TO ERASMUS STUDENTS||NO|
|COURSE WEBSITE (URL)||https://eclass.duth.gr/courses/OPE01202/|
- TEACHING OUTCOMES
|The aim of the course is to familiarize students with the phenomenon of life in different biological systems. In particular, basic knowledge is provided about the structure, function, organization, regulation, and evolution of biologically active macromolecules and their intermediate metabolites. The ultimate goal is to prepare students for subjects that are more closely related to the science of agriculture in the following years of their studies.
The following are the main teaching outcomes:
|§ Independent work
§ Literature search, data analysis, and synthesis
§ Development of inductive reasoning
- COURSE CONTENT
|The course involves the study of:
- TEACHING AND LEARNING ASSESSMENT METHODS
|DELIVERING METHOD||In classroom|
|IT USE||§ Powerpoint, videos
|TEACHING ORGANIZATION||Activity||Semester workload
(25-hour workload per credit unit)
|In order to pass this course, each student must complete all of the following compulsory requirements:
Laboratory experiments and reports, oral and written examination in the lab.
Formal examination (mid-semester and final written examinations), a literature review assignment (during the semester).
- PROPOSED LITERATURE
|Biochemistry. Berg M.J., Tymoczko L.J., Stryer L.
Biochemistry. T.A. Brown
ANNEX OF THE COURSE OUTLINE
Alternative ways of examining a course in emergency situations
|Teacher (full name):||Athanasios Kimbaris|
|Contact details:||Tel: +00352552041168, email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Evaluation methods: (2)||Written and oral examination with distance learning methods, provided that the integrity and reliability of the examination are ensured.|
|Implementation Instructions: (3)||Students will be examined with the distance learning method through the eclass platform concerning written examination, while the oral examination will be performed through the Microsoft Teams platform also with the distance learning method.
Students’ positive identification will be ensured by showing on camera their institutional credentials through MsTeams platform while they will participate in the oral examination procedure in groups of five persons each time. Furthermore, the writing examination procedure will occur through the eclass platform, where students will be able to participate by joining the appropriate exercise found in eclass, with their institutional passwords. The aforementioned exercise will be in the form of a number of multiple questions that have to be completed in a specific time period. It should be noted that for any answer, right or wrong will be a positive or a negative grade respectively.
- Please write YES or NO
- Note down the evaluation methods used by the teacher, e.g.
- written assignment or/and exercises
- written or oral examination with distance learning methods, provided that the integrity and reliability of the examination are ensured.
- In the Implementation Instructions section, the teacher notes down clear instructions to the students:
- a) in case of written assignment and / or exercises: the deadline (e.g. the last week of the semester), the means of submission, the grading system, the grade percentage of the assignment in the final grade and any other necessary information.
- b) in case of oral examination with distance learning methods: the instructions for conducting the examination (e.g. in groups of X people), the way of administration of the questions to be answered, the distance learning platforms to be used, the technical means for the implementation of the examination (microphone, camera, word processor, internet connection, communication platform), the hyperlinks for the examination, the duration of the exam, the grading system, the percentage of the oral exam in the final grade, the ways in which the inviolability and reliability of the exam are ensured and any other necessary information.
- c) in case of written examination with distance learning methods: the way of administration of the questions to be answered, the way of submitting the answers, the duration of the exam, the grading system, the percentage of the written exam of the exam in the final grade, the ways in which the integrity and reliability of the exam are ensured and any other necessary information.
There should be an attached list with the Student Registration Numbers only of students eligible to participate in the examination.