|SCHOOL||AGRICULTURAL AND FORESTRY SCIENCES|
|LEVEL OF STUDIES||7|
|COURSE TITLE||Food Processing|
|TEACHING ACTIVITIES||TEACHING HOURS PER WEEK||ECTS CREDITS|
|Lectures and laboratory course||5||5|
|COURSE TYPE||Scientific Area|
|TEACHING & EXAMINATION LANGUAGE:||Greek|
|COURSE OFFERED TO ERASMUS STUDENTS:||Yes (in English)|
- LEARNING OUTCOMES
|· Upon the completion of the course the students will be able to:
· To understood the needs for food processing and the historical development of methods.
· To comprehend the basics of modern methodology and technology involved in food processing.
· To distinct the pros and cons of each treatment (cost effect, energy requirements and overall quality) of processed foods.
|· Independent work
· Literature search, data analysis and synthesis
· Development of inductive reasoning
- COURSE CONTENT
- LEARNING & TEACHING METHODS – EVALUATION
|TEACHING METHOD||Face to face/ Distance learning|
|USE OF INFORMATION & COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY (ICT)||Yes|
|Student Evaluation||Written Assignment, Essay / Report, Oral Exam, Presentation in audience, Laboratory Report|
- SUGGESTED BIBLIOGRAPHY
|Food Processing Technology – Principles and Practice. P. Fellows. CRC Press.|