|SCHOOL||AGRICULTURAL AND FORESTRY SCIENCES|
|LEVEL OF STUDIES||7|
|COURSE CODE||FOOD1014||SEMESTER||6th and 8th|
|COURSE TITLE||Food Biotechnology|
|TEACHING HOURS PER WEEK||ECTS CREDITS|
|COURSE TYPE||Scientific Area|
|TEACHING & EXAMINATION LANGUAGE:||Greek|
|COURSE OFFERED TO ERASMUS STUDENTS:||Yes (in English)|
- LEARNING OUTCOMES
|Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
· understand the main principles of Food Biotechnology and the colligation with other courses such as Food Chemistry.
· get the necessary knowledge in order to evaluate the problems of consumers health that Food Biotechnology deals with such as the consumption of genetically modified foods
|· Independent work
· Literature search, data analysis and synthesis
· Development of inductive reasoning
- COURSE CONTENT
|1. Basic principles of Food Biotechnology.
4. Immobilized enzymes and cells (Part A).
5. Immobilized enzymes and cells (Part B).
6. Genetically Modified Microorganisms – Applications (Part A).
7. Genetically Modified Microorganisms – Applications (Part B) .
8. Bioconversions (Part A).
9. Bioconversions (Part B) .
10. Functional foods
11. Probiotic microorganisms
12. Innovative foods
13. Food and environmental biotechnology
- LEARNING & TEACHING METHODS – EVALUATION
|TEACHING METHOD||Face to face/ Distance learning|
|USE OF INFORMATION & COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY (ICT)
|Written Assignment, Essay / Report, Oral Exam, Presentation in audience.|
- SUGGESTED BIBLIOGRAPHY
|Ravishankar Rai V. 2016. Advances in Food Biotechnology, Wiley-Blackwell.|