|SCHOOL||AGRICULTURAL AND FORESTRY SCIENCES|
|LEVEL OF STUDIES||UNDERGRADUATE – LEVEL 7|
|COURSE TITLE||SPECIALIZED VEGETABLE CROP PRODUCTION|
|TEACHING ACTIVITIES||TEACHING HOURS PER WEEK||ECTS CREDITS|
Background, General Knowledge, Scientific Area, Skill Development
|TEACHING & EXAMINATION LANGUAGE:||GREEK|
|COURSE OFFERED TO ERASMUS STUDENTS:||–|
- LEARNING OUTCOMES
|· Students obtain specialized knowledge in science and cultivation techniques of the main vegetable crops produced in Greece.
· They become capable of identifying the main vegetable species.
Search, analysis and synthesis of data and information, using the necessary technologies
Promoting free, creative and inductive thinking
- COURSE CONTENT
|Applied outdoor crop practices and techniques of main vegetable crops of Greece (tomato, pepper, eggplant, potato, onion, asparagus, lettuce, cabbage, broccoli, cucumber, watermelon, spinach, beans).
In each species, the following topics are studied:
• Classification, origin, current distribution of vegetable crops, botanical
• Climate and soil requirements,
• Soil preparation,
• Crop establishment,
• Crop practices and techniques (fertilization, irrigation, weed control, support, pruning, use of plant growth regulators, frost protection, etc.),
• Physiological abnormalities,
• Post – harvest treatments, and
• Nutritional value of vegetables.
- LEARNING & TEACHING METHODS – EVALUATION
|TEACHING METHOD||Face to face|
|USE OF INFORMATION & COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY (ICT)||Use of ICT in Teaching and Communication with students (PowerPoint, Videos, e-class)|
|Student Evaluation||Student evaluation includes:
· Essay (10%)
· Mid-semester written test (40%)
· Written exam at the end of the semester (50%)
- SUGGESTED BIBLIOGRAPHY
|Recommended books in the ‘Eudoxus’ system:
· Book : Η τεχνική της καλλιέργειας των κηπευτικών στα θερμοκήπια, Ολύμπιος Χρίστος Μ. Λεπτομέρειες
· Book : Η Τεχνική της Καλλιέργειας των Υπαίθριων Κηπευτικών, Ολύμπιος Χρήστος Λεπτομέρειες
Additional literature sources will be available to students during the semester.
ANNEX OF THE COURSE OUTLINE
Alternative ways of examining a course in emergency situations
|Teacher (full name):||Chrysovalantou Antonopoulou|
|Evaluation methods: (2)||Written examination with distance learning methods, provided that the integrity and reliability of the examination are ensured|
|Implementation Instructions: (3)||The final examination of the course takes place on a scheduled day, according to the examination program of the Department. It is carried out through e-class and MS teams platforms. One day before the exam, the link of the exercise in e-class appears to those who have registered for the course and have taken note and accepted the terms of distance learning.
Students who participate in the examination, firstly must connect to MS teams and show their identity, in order to be identified by the teacher. Each student has to answer 25 multiple choice questions in 20 minutes. Every correct question is scored with 0.4 and there is also a negative score. More details are given with an announcement through e-class.